Welcome to the Guild! The Guild is open to women, men, church members, friends & neighbors. (This means YOU!) Its primary focus is to support CCJP-UCC (The Congregational Church of Jefferson Park UCC), but in the process we nurture friendships, fellowship, and learning. We currently conduct 3 fundraisers a year- 2 Rummage Sales and a Holiday Bazaar. The Rummage Sales are held in the Fall (Sept.) and in the Spring (March). We also conduct a Bake Sale during the Rummage sale which is very popular. We also conduct a Holiday Bazaar in December featuring homemade Baked Goods, Crafts, Jewelry, a Raffle, Games, Christmas Knickknacks & Decorations, etc. Like any organization, we can use all the help we can get with our fundraisers!
Our meetings are held the second Thursday of the month at 11:30 a.m., with no meetings in January, July & August. They are held in Mayflower Hall, which is located in the lower level of the church. They consist of a short business meeting, a luncheon(free will offering) or potluck lunch and an entertaining and/or informational program.
Meetings Fall 2019- Spring 2020
All meetings start at 11:30 am
- October 10 “History of Jefferson Park” presented by The Northwest Chicago Historical Society. Pot luck Lunch- please bring a dish to share. Free will offering.
- November 14 “Safety” by The Cook County Sheriff”s Department. Pizza Party Lunch Free will offering.
- December 12 “Spanish Guitar” by David Chiriboga. Pot luck Lunch- please bring a dish to share. Free will offering.
- January- NO MEETING
- February 13 “Secrets of the Universe III” presented by Cynthia Laris. Pot luck Lunch- please bring a dish to share. Free will offering.
- March 12 “The American Legion Family”. Pizza Party- Free will offering
- April 9 “Agape Service” by Pastor Gayle. We will meet in the chapel.
Pot luck Lunch- please bring a dish to share. Free will offering.
- May 14 “Bingo” Lunch by the Treasurer/Secretary of the Guild and friends. Free will offering
- June 11 Card Games & Indoor Picnic – Lunch catered by the Guild.
Women’s and Men’s Guild 2019- 2020 EVENTS
- CHRISTMAS BAZAAR AND COOKIE SALE – Saturday Dec 7 8am-5pm. Come celebrate the season at the Annual Bazaar and Cookie Sale! Christmas Cookies, Baked Goods, Pies, Raffles, Gifts, Jewelry, Granny’s Attic (filled with Xmas treasures- old & new), Crafts, Children’s Activities, Lucky Tree Game (a winner every time!) for adults and children. Breakfast 8 am- 9:30 am. Booths open 9 am- 5 pm. Lunch, snacks, refreshments available. Admission is free! Donations of non-perishable food items gratefully accepted for the needy. For further information, contact the church office at 773‑725‑0121.
- Spring Rummage & BAKE SALE
- March 26 PRE-SALE THUSDAY (6PM-9PM)
- March 27 FRIDAY (9AM-5PM)
- March 28 SATURDAY (9AM-1PM)
- March 28 STUFF A BAG (1PM-4PM)
We welcome everyone to our meetings, whether you are an old-timer or new to the neighborhood. Come & make some new friends!